If you’re shopping for a managed services provider (or MSP) to help support, repair, or build your IT infrastructure, you probably have a lot of questions and concerns. The FAQ’s, or ‘frequently asked questions’ may be a good place to start, but better still are the SAQ’s or ‘SHOULD ask questions’.
Companies often choose to outsource their IT operations to a managed service provider like STEADfast IT because it gives the company an instant IT department for far less cost than hiring full time, in-house IT staff. For a business that already has an IT department, partnering with a managed services provider can take some pressure off the internal staff and free them up for more strategic business-critical tasks.
So you’ve decided that hiring an MSP is a good idea. Now where do you start?
We’ve put together a list of 12 SAQ’s - Should Ask Questions to help guide your search process.
12 Questions You Should Ask a Potential MSP:
- 1Do you have expertise in our specific industry or with our business type? (ex: track record of being able to serve multi-location businesses, etc.)
- 2Can you provide references, reviews and testimonials?
- 3How do you charge for your services? What’s included in your service package?
- 4What does the on-boarding entail? How long will it take?
- 5What is your average response time?
- 6Do you offer vendor management?
- 7What is the process for IT projects?
- 8Do you offer an IT Network Assessment?
- 9Will you offer recommendations on hardware and software upgrades?
- 10What type of reporting and feedback can we expect?
- 11What happens if my infrastructure/server/network goes down?
- 12What sets you apart from other Managed Service Providers?
While the process may seem daunting, it could be as easy as setting up a phone call or meeting with the MSP’s business development or sales team to get the ball rolling.
Here at STEADfast, we like to start with a comprehensive IT Network Assessment. Knowing more about your network will help your business plan for growth and will highlight any potential issues or security vulnerabilities. By scanning your network, servers and workstations for any performance or security issues, STEADfast IT will deliver comprehensive insight into your infrastructure.
We'd love to talk more.
Let's have a chat and we can talk about how our services might benefit you. Our IT Assessment is a great place to start.